Ring transformer is mainly composed of iron core, coil and body insulation, and the quality of the core directly determines the quality of the ring transformer. So how can we quickly and effectively judge the quality of the core of the ring transformer?
The simplest and quickest way is to observe the thickness, color, grain and manufacturing process of the core.
1. Core thickness. The thinner the thickness, the better the quality. Because a good core is made of oriented cold rolled silicon steel sheets (generally less than 0.35 mm thick) seamlessly, the thinner the thickness, the closer the fit, the lower the eddy current loss.
2. The color of iron core. High quality iron core color is generally gray, relatively poor quality is generally white.
3. The grain of iron core. The higher the quality of iron core, the more meticulous the grain.
4. Manufacturing technology of iron core. Whether the surface of iron core is smooth and flat, whether the thickness of silicon steel sheet is uniform, whether there are burrs in the shear opening, etc. In addition, the quality of iron core can also be accurately judged by observing the temperature change of the ring transformer during operation and the current magnitude at no load.
1. When the ring transformer is in operation, the fast temperature rise indicates that the loss of iron core is large. The quality of iron core is relatively poor. On the contrary, the slower the temperature rise, the smaller the loss of iron core, the better the quality of iron core.
2. The smaller the no-load current of the transformer, the better the quality of the core. On the contrary, it is relatively inferior.