The function of voltage regulator:
The regulators sold in the market generally have three functions:
1. It can stabilize the voltage of low voltage 125V-165V or high voltage 250V-270V between 200 and 230V, so that household appliances can work normally.
2. When the input voltage is higher than 255V or lower than 160V and the output voltage is higher than 235V, the power supply can be cut off automatically.
3. When a sudden call comes after power failure, it can delay 5-8 minutes to start the output power supply, so as to avoid damage to the electrical appliances due to excessive voltage.
When choosing household regulator, we must pay attention to the completeness of the above three basic functions.
4. Power supply regulator can only play a stabilizing role in the corresponding range, beyond which it also fails or even damages.
Classification of voltage regulators:
There are two main types of voltage regulators.
The first is the manual regulator: the price of the secondary products is the lowest, because the operation is inconvenient, it has been basically eliminated.
The second is the automatic regulator.
(1) Polar automatic voltage regulator: The high-grade voltage regulator uses servo motor to control the voltage. Its advantages are no instantaneous power failure, stable output voltage, and the general voltage stabilization accuracy is 3-5%. It is suitable for high-grade electrical appliances with high voltage requirements, such as computers and test equipment. For example, SVC series full-automatic high-precision regulator
(2) Relay-type automatic regulator: The output voltage is adjusted by relay switching. The voltage fluctuation is large and the precision is low. For medium-sized voltage stabilizers, such as TM series high-power automatic AC voltage regulators, such products have high stability and low price, and are suitable for equipment with low voltage precision requirements.
In our country, three-phase voltage regulators should be manufactured according to the national standard (GB)>GB 4376-1984, but most of the last products on the market are assembled and equipped by small manufacturers themselves, whose quality and efficiency are very worrying. Next, please keep in mind the standard of voltage regulator parameters; voltage regulators have an input voltage range. The IEC standard is that the input voltage varies in the range of <10% of the rated value. The input range of our company's products is (+20%) and the maximum is (+50%). Exceeding the range of undervoltage and overvoltage, the automatic sound and light alarm can not make the output voltage stable within the required range. Load Adjustment Rate: It is the effect of the change of output caused by the change of load. Change the magnitude of load current and the relative harmonic content of output voltage (also called output voltage distortion), usually expressed by THD, is the ratio of the total effective value of harmonic content to the fundamental effective value. When the load is rated and the distortion of input voltage meets the reference condition (generally less than 3%), the distortion of output voltage is measured when the input voltage is the lowest, rated and highest. The elder.